Re: Bookbinding Plough

And if you want to get even more basic you can trim the Japanese way:

Make a wooden pattern the size of your finished text block and about 1.5"
thick.

Put a cutting surface on the floor.

Put the text block on the cutting surface.

Put the pattern on the text block.

Stand on the pattern and trim the edges with a curved Japanese binder's knife.

There are many ways to skin--uh--trim a book.  :-).

Sam Lanham

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)