Re: Seeking Bookbinding Equipment

One thing I picked up from Kitty Marryat when I took a binding course from
her was to use a couple of (thick & flat) pieces of plywood along with
"quick grips" available at most larger hardware stores in place of a
nipping press. It has the advantage of being cheaper, lighter (my cast-iron
nipping press is easily around 70 or 80 pounds), and can easily be expanded
for doing larger books just by buying bigger pieces of plywood.

-dh

---
Don Hosek           dhosek@quixote.com    Quixote Digital Typography
312-953-3679        fax: 312-803-0698     orders: 800-810-3311
For information about SERIF: THE MAGAZINE OF TYPE & TYPOGRAPHY,
http://www.quixote.com/serif/ or mail serif-info@quixote.com