Re: Paper Moulds

>Can anyone recommend the particular mesh count for use on a screen used as a
>paper mould in handmade papermaking. Hope this query makes sense.
>Thanks  >Wayne Smith  Thames, N.Z.

I've been using ordinary window screening and fabric store lace in my pour
mold.  Just by counting the screening it appears as if there are about 20
per inch.  I generally blend enough paper for 5x8 mold with 1 cup water in
the blender for a minute.  I suppose the size screen should be a function
of the size of the pulp fibers.  I usually recycle my fancy colored
cardstock snibbets into the paper.

Hope this helps,
Juliet Page
~ overlooking Mill Creek on the Chesapeake Bay ~ Maryland, USA ~