Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 15 Jun 1998 to 16 Jun 1998

> Subject: Photo labels
> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:59:48 -0500
> From: Fran Morris <moras@HIC.NET>
>
> Hi,
>
> My brother is planning to put photos in an album but until then wants to
> label them. He wondered if computer labels will be harmful on the backs. I
> realize that color prints deteriorate over time, but will the adhesive on
> the labels damage the prints and is there another way to attach a
> description without writing on the back in pen?
>
> Fran Morris
> moras@hic.net

Fran,

My best suggestion on this (I restore and copy photographs
professionally) is to buy a roll of DRAFTING
tape.  It looks like masking tape but it easily removable and will not
harm the photos (short term = several years).  You can buy this at your
local art supply store.  It's also best to write on the tape before
attaching it to the photos so you don't cause indentation and use pencil
so that it's unlikely to transfer to the face of another photo.

On another topic.  Can anyone tell me how to tear watercolor paper to
simulate a deckle edge??

Christine