Re: Ink Jet Printers

>This may be a moot point, but I'm currently using an Epson Color Ink Jet
>and it's HORRIBLE.  It doesn't print words evenly (divides them in half so
>they look wavy and illegible) and the colors are not saturated.  Overall,
>blocks of color look a lot like newspaper comics (which is good in some
>cases).  So generally I've been frustrated.  So has everyone I know who has
>one or has used one.
>
>--Madeleine Fix

Madeleine,
I have an Epson and love it. There is a thing called head alignment, if it is
out of whack you would get text like
 you described. Check your manual. On my printer (Epson Stylus Photo) to adjust
the head alignment is simply a selection in the printer utilities
 software (I'm on a Mac). You also have different levels of ink coverage
depending on paper used and resolution. Your model is different than mine  so
checking your manual may help. Also Epson has a web site with lots of FAQ and
troubleshooting help. (www.epson.com).

Jill Timm, Visual Media Designer
User Centered Design
Network Computing Software, IBM Austin