Re: Tearing a Deckle Edge

<< Another trick for tearing a neat deckle is to take a length of plexi (3/8 "
 thick approx.) as long as you want it, (think of it as your straight edge
like
 a ruler) and about 3 to 4" wide. Notch it along one side by grinding it
 against an electric grinder >>

There are also specialty scissors with various type blades....one of them
makes a deckled edge.  Check out any art supply store for them.  I think they
are made by "Friskars" (Do NOT quote me on the spelling here!).
-Lee