[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tearing a Deckle Edge
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Tearing a Deckle Edge
- From: Lee Schauer <Maahmaah@AOL.COM>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:25:51 EDT
- Message-Id: <199806180226.TAA16532@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
In a message dated 98-06-17 21:12:32 EDT, you write:
<< Another trick for tearing a neat deckle is to take a length of plexi (3/8 "
thick approx.) as long as you want it, (think of it as your straight edge
a ruler) and about 3 to 4" wide. Notch it along one side by grinding it
against an electric grinder >>
There are also specialty scissors with various type blades....one of them
makes a deckled edge. Check out any art supply store for them. I think they
are made by "Friskars" (Do NOT quote me on the spelling here!).