Re: Ink Jet Printers

> I have enjoyed reading the bits and pieces on ink jet printers.  In view of all
> the chatter, I would like to ask if anyone has used the Iris line of printers
> such as the Realist.  Comments, experiences, etc.  Iris ink jet printers are
> made by Scitex.

I used the IRIS for my MFA exhibition (photography) of 20 X 24 inch prints on
Somerset Velvet 250gsm paper. The newer inks, like Lyson's Fine Art and
Equipoise sets are fade-rersistant and rated by Henry Wilhelm to a life of
20-24 years on Somerset and up to 32-36 on Arches Cold Press

prices are still quite high compared to other inkjet output

later

Darryl