Re: Epson Photo Stylus Ink consumption/costs

Dear Jill Timm (or any others who may have ideas), I recently bought a n
Epson Photo Stylus.  I'm very new to all of this, but found that the ink was
being consumed at a ferocious rate and that I'd soon spend more on ink than
I did on the printer itself.  This didn't seem to be the experience of
friends who had other brands of Epson (Stylus, 800, etc.)  I didn't think I
was printing in very great quantity.  The ink was soon gone.  What is your
experience?  Do you know where replacement inks can be bought for less than
$25.? Any other suggestions would be most welcome. Many thanks. Barbara Valenta