transfer help again

Hi, I know this has been addressed before but I need more help. I want
to do some b/w transfers onto some paper I made. I also want to
transfer them onto some satin material. I used to have some stuff that
worked great that I got at an art supply store but of course they
stopped stocking it. What is the best stuff to use? I have some
distilled turpentine and some odorless turpentine but they don't seem
to leave any image no matter how hard I rub the image. Thanks, Nanci