Artist's book classes in NY

Marylee Bytheriver, 1991 graduate of the Book Arts program at Mills
College, Oakland, will be giving two workshops in New York this summer.

Marylee now creates artist's books and prints, as well as an occasional
watercolor, in her studio in Oakland, California, and exhibits her work
throughout the United States. Her artist's books can be viewed in many
public collections, including the National Gallery of Art and the San
Francisco Museum of Modern Art.

Class Schedule:
Aug. 22, 10 am - 4 pm
New York Center for Book Arts
626 Broadway, 5th Floor
New York, NY  10012
(212)460-9768

Inventing Your Own Book Structures
$100 ($75 for members) plus materials fee

"Using basic book binding techniques, we push beyond the ordinary to create
our own imaginative structures. Exercises focus on sequencing, movement,
patterning, and interaction between structure and reader."

Monday, August 24 - Friday, August 28
10 am - 4 pm both days

Women's Studio Workshop
P.O. Box 489
Rosendale , NY 12472
(914)658-9133

Artist's Books Start to Finish
"Explore all aspects of artist's books: design, structure, materials,
content and construction. We learn a variety of book structures and create
our own decorative papers and book cloth. We also explore page design and
layout . Then, using your own ideas, with a great deal of individual
instruction, you will put it all together and create you own unique
artist's book."

$430 ($410 for members) plus materials fee; price includes lunches

Personal note:  I have been taking this class in Mendocino, CA during this
week and heartily recommend it to anyone interested in artist's books that
give equal attention to content and structure.

Betty Storz     storz@mcn.org