Re: tearing

>I tried several different methods of tearing various Japanese papers to
>make feather-edge strips for hinges and mending.

I do it dry. I just press a ruler over a piece of Japanese paper and gently
tear along the edge. Comes out feathered just fine for mending purposes.

Steve

Steven D. Hales
Associate Professor                     email: hales@bloomu.edu
Department of Philosophy                phone: (717) 389-4229
Bloomsburg University                   fax: (717) 389-2094
Bloomsburg, PA 17815

http://www.bloomu.edu/departments/philosophy/pages/haleshome.html