Re: Lecture

That dead horse will be beat through a few more incarnations, but here
goes: you must have found the term "complain" patronizing. It wasn't meant
to be.  I in turn thought your reply also patronizing. Clearly that was
not your intention. After nearly ten years in graduate school, it is a
pleasure and an honor to be associated with people who are striving after
the same goals and willing to help each other along the way, as you so
clearly are.

Horse buried.

 On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Richard Miller wrote:

> Paul:
>
> Not to beat a dead horse, and at the risk of boring those who did "get it",
> the two list members who "complained" (myself being one), are trying to do
> people like you a favor by publicizing your workshops and exhibitions well
> in advance so that the readers of our respective newsletters have an
> opportunity to attend. Most event organizers are grateful for national or
> international publicity, especially when it's free, as they are usually
> restricted to local advertising. By spreading the word the chances of full
> attendance are increased, often making the difference between a workshop
> losing or making money.
>
> So for all of you, to repeat once again, the earlier you can spread the
> word of your upcoming events, the more likely people like me can get that
> word and spread it even farther.
>
> Of course, those people who want to keep their events quiet should just
> keep the word to themselves ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Richard.

> Richard Miller <rmiller@peterboro.net>
>
> The Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild website:
> <http://www.cbbag.ca>

Paul Werner, New York City

For Courses, Lectures and Dragonsblood:
Pour cours, conferences et sangdragon: