Protection for paper jewelry

I've been thinking about making some paper jewelry.  I have seen things
like origami kimonos that were made into pins or tiny cranes for earrings
that were protected with some kind of plastic.  Does anybody know what
might be used for that?  It would be especially nice if it were something
I could get by mail, since I live in a small town.

I have done some neclaces that used paperweaving on with mat board
inside.  FOr those I used several layers of Renaissance wax.  They have
held up well for several years, but the things I'm thinking about now are
not so flat.  It seems like a fun way to use wonderful bits of paper.

Joyce Jenkins
Petersburg, Alaska