Re: books elevate the mind??

At 12:10 PM 7/4/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Surely  the officials who held the "trials" were the ones who had been
>eating the rye bread?!?!

how we see this probably depends upon one's attitude about "mystic crystal
revelation, and the mind's true liberation," as one song from HAIR would
have it. I can see that both the acts of liberation among women in Salem,
and the religious frenzy that would lead someone like a Jonathan Edwards to
write "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God," could be attributed to
paranormal psychic activity. But then I don't know how widely the rye
infection spread.