Re: books elevate the mind?

I get a little nervous when I read stuff like this. I can just see people going looking for books to sniff (
a la the "cane toad" phenomenon, when people decided licking toads would give them hallucenogenic
experiences!). And the reporting here doesn't take into account that some old books are affected by things
other than/in addition to fungus, which can make you really quite sick. Black mold, for instance. (Some
conservators even refuse to treat books with mold.) But then again, this article is quite interesting --
maybe explains why so many people love the smell of old bookstores!  :-)

Barb