Re: Ink fading question

<< Also, is there a way to copy such items without causing further harm??
 I have several childhood drawings done by my nieces that are very dear to
 me and they are fading quickly .. even being kept inside a scrapbook.

 I would think xeroxing them would not be a good idea, though I
 am tempted before they fade into nothingness.

Ron,

Why not have color photocopies made on an archival 80# or 90#  hot press
(perhaps Arches) watercolor paper? You could then double mat them and keep the
unbound prints in a museum quality portfolio.

Light Impressions (archival supplies) has a free catalog offering many
possible ideas. (800) 828-6216. FAX: (800) 828-5539.
<www.lightimpressionsdirect.com>  Though my good friend in Wisconsin kids me
about being on training wheels at operating on the REAL Internet ;-) you might
try this link:

<A HREF="http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/">Light Impressions -- The
leading resource for...</A>

Good luck.