Re: "Positions Available" in Digest - 5 to 6 Jul 1998

Greetings all,

        The contact person for the positions at Handbridge Bindery is the
owner,
Glen Fukunaga (not Olivia Primanis). If you are interested, please contact
him at (512)445-4544 for individual attention or fax your resume to
(512)445-2927.

POSITIONS  AVAILABLE

        The Handbridge Bindery in Austin, Texas is expanding again, and
would like to add two experienced binders immediately.  We are a team of 5
binders, 3 of which have over 40 years combined experience, and 2 trainees
with great potential.  We specialize in custom binding, restoration, and
limited production work.  We have a nationwide clientele of serious
collectors, institutions and booksellers.
        Ideally, we would like to find one very experienced binder with a
minimum of five years of hands on experience, strong organizational skills,
and well developed interpersonal skills. The binder would assist
with>various book and paper treatments and housing projects including:
resewing,>rebacking, individual stamping and production of limited small
editions;
constructing paper slipcases to full leather boxes; and paper mending,
including washing and lining.
        We are also looking for an experienced trainee with either formal
training, hands on experience, or the right attitude.  We strongly believe
in the training and mentoring of serious students of the trade.
        We offer a unique environment for personal growth.  Our talented
binders are very involved with the local music and art community.  The
bindery is located in an old home, near downtown Austin and Barton Springs.
We are a close group that gets along as friends and we are looking to
add>to our family.  Salary depends on experience, attitude and potential.