[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Cuban Book Artists, one more time
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Cuban Book Artists, one more time
- From: Jeanne Drewes <jdrewes@JHU.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 07:46:03 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <01IZ4GNOHRM6BWD6PK@jhmail.hcf.jhu.edu>
- Message-Id: <199807081144.EAA14018@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
There have been several discussions on this list about a group of book
artists in Cuba named Ediciones Vigia. Contributions were taken to them
in May. Both Bob Muens and I sent out messages about them. I promised to
mount images of some of the covers on my website and have only now been
able to accomplish that. You can view this very small selection at
I quote a paragraph from an interview with the director of the group taken
from "Bridges to Cuba" edited by Ruth Behar. Ruth is trying to arrange a
visit to the United States for several members of this group in the fall
of this year.
Erin Loftus and I will do a talk and presentation about the
group at the Potomac Chapter of the Guild of BookWorkers in September.
Erin, a conservator in the DC area, was also in Cuba in May and visited
Matanzas with me.
I am also working with a number of people to do translations so that these
books can be shared with a broader audience.
If you are interested in contributing to another shipment of
materials, please contact
me or Bob Muens.
Preservation Department voice 410 516 5486
Milton S. Eisenhower Library fax 410 516 4355
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N. Charles Street email@example.com
Baltimore, MD 21218