Re: Cuban Book Artists, one more time

Colette,

        The paper that Ediciones Vigia uses in their books is mostly
supplied by the government.  They receive it in huge rolls that they
then cut up to the required size. It was described to me as being made up of
industrial waste.  Recycled.  It contains a good deal of sugar cane fiber
that is the waste by-product which remains after making rum, etc.  It
reminds me most of the paper used in making paper grocery bags only with
more chunky bits.  Smooth enough to mimeograph on though.  It does come
in a variety of colors and varying degrees of refinement but most is a
reddish brown.  Although I haven't tested it, it is almost certainly
very acidic.

Bob