Re: [scanning vs colour copies]

At 11:36 PM 7/9/98 GMT, you wrote:
>and please let's not under-estimate the quality of a drum scan...super high
>resolution.
>
>they are amazing...
>
>and perhaps it's best to make technology work FOR you and not work AGAINST
>technology...

and what are people generally paying for drum scans? I just had one done,
from a transparency, and the cost was $30 for high enough resolution to
result in a 20-megabyte file. I could have paid more for even higher
resolution, but for an image which is to end up fairly small, on a book
cover (printed via offset press), higher quality really was not necessary.
Is this a reasonable price?

charles