PBI Call for proposals RESENDING

Don't know why my first posting of this was garbled...here is a resend...hope
it's OK

The directors of "Paper and Book Intensive" (PBI) are taking proposals for
classes in all fields for both 1999 and future years.

Paper & Book Intensive, a concentrated working session for practitioners
and serious students in conservation, papermaking, and the book arts is
going into it's 16th. year. Daily class sessions are combined with
discussions, lectures, and shared meals to promote high levels of creative
exchange and inspiration both within and among the classes. PBI's program is
divided into two four-day sessions, with five instructors and workshops in
each.  Classes are limited to10-12 participants.   Session I consists of
1/2-day classes, that is, each instructor teaches a morning group and an
afternoon group over a four-day period, with each class session lasting three
hours and covering the same material for both the morning and the afternoon.
Session II will also be four days long, but instructors will meet with only
one group of 10-12 participants for the full four days (six hours each day).
Session II will be devoted to workshops whose subject matter demands long
periods of uninterrupted work-time, whereas Session I will consist of classes
whose concepts or projects lend themselves to shorter work periods with time
for thinking or independent work in between.

For more information on PBI, the 1998 session is covered on it's own home page
at    http://www.slis.ua.edu/pbi.html

Next year (1999) PBI will be held at Haystack Mountain School of Crafts
on Deer Isle, Maine, during the first weeks of May.

Proposals should contain a full class description, along with a possible
list of specialized class supplies and appropriate equipment, and your
resume.

Please send you proposals immediately to:
William Drendel
PBI Co-Director
747 N. Wabash #302
Chicago, Il. 60611

If you have questions, please contact me directly , off list.