Re: Minsky Update--Slipcase design

I added another binding to the Erica Jong page-- a lacquer binding I did in
1992 on her poetry book "Becoming Light." Listmembers may find the slipcase
interesting, as it incorporates the pull-tape mechanism I developed for the
Tom Phillips "Heart of a Humument" in the mid-80's. This structure runs the
tape through a track inside the slipcase wall, so it emerges through the
edge of the case. The advantage is that it doesn't fall into the slipcase
when you remove the book, like ordinary tape attachments. You can leave the
slipcase on the shelf and remove and replace the book.

            Richard
            http://www.minsky.com