[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Lifting bookplates
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Lifting bookplates
- From: linda <capella@AKSI.NET>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:03:37 -0400
- Message-Id: <199807161304.GAA21498@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
If you have to save the board, I would use methyl cellulose on the plate.
(This works, of course, if the adhesive was water based.) You'll have much
less moisture penetrating the board this way. If you don't have to save the
board, then I would soak it off in water, after carefully testing the ink.
Capella Book Arts