Re: archival photo album guts

Dear Mary Rose et al;
 After assuring them that we weren't going into direct competetion, we
bought a bunch of these wholesale from Kate's Paperie in NYC.  They buy
the guts from Italy to supply their team of freelance binders.  Call
them for their supplier if you want to buy in bulk.
 From KP, they are available in a variety of sizes, 10" & 13" square and
some smaller rectangular format; ivory white or black pages, stubbed by
a fold at the spine edge; all with glassine (I think) tipped in between
pages.  I always remove the nasty mull, and replace with new hinges,
lining and tube. I don't know if they're buffered so I won't recommend
them for archival collections, but for personal use and gifts. We are
never at a loss for wedding presents with these in the studio!
 Yours, Nora

--
Book Conservation Dept.                 The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Phone:  (212) 650-2891                  Thomas J. Watson Library