Re: Lifting bookplates, etc.

if you do not need to be concerned about ink running but want to save the
boards and/or bookplate:
1)spread thick wheat paste over the bookplate to soften the adhesive on the
backside.check to see when it can be easily lifted. once lifted you can
wash off the remaining adhesive and dry the plate between blotters.
2)you may also use a wetted piece of blotter cut to the size of the
bookplate. sandwich moist blotter, waxed paper, board, weight on top of
bookplate.
if there would be ink running:
use method 2), just place reemay (non-woven spun-bonded polyester) between
bookplate and moist blotter.

At 11:39 PM 7/15/98 -0700, Sally Slater wrote:
>Water works great in many circumstances to remove bookplates.  Float them
>off unless the ink runs, but pencil and many inks are not effected.  Dab
>water (with out rubbing) on to the plate and wait for it to separate or
>submerse the board or page and it will float away and let it dry in blotting
>paper and all is well.......
>Works for me, what do others think?
>:)
>Mary Rose