Multiple Masters for photopolymer?

I'm cross-posting this to several lists. Apologies to those reading it more
than once.

Has anyone experimented with the weight axis on a Multiple Master face in
order to make photoploymer plates for letterpress printing? I want to know if
decreasing the weight of the digital type is a satisfactory solution to the
ink "squish" phenomenon, & if so, how much should the weight be decreased?

Also: Is anyone familiar with, & willing to venture an opinion of Martin
Solomon's _The Art of Typography_? I was looking at it in a used bookstore the
other day & am trying to decide if I want to buy it.

thanks,

Charles Smith
Arcturus Editions
Sacramento, CA