[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Multiple Masters for photopolymer?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Multiple Masters for photopolymer?
- From: Charles Smith <CharSSmith@AOL.COM>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:48:51 EDT
- Message-Id: <199807171749.KAA14960@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I'm cross-posting this to several lists. Apologies to those reading it more
Has anyone experimented with the weight axis on a Multiple Master face in
order to make photoploymer plates for letterpress printing? I want to know if
decreasing the weight of the digital type is a satisfactory solution to the
ink "squish" phenomenon, & if so, how much should the weight be decreased?
Also: Is anyone familiar with, & willing to venture an opinion of Martin
Solomon's _The Art of Typography_? I was looking at it in a used bookstore the
other day & am trying to decide if I want to buy it.