Cleaning off spines

Within the past two months, one of you wonderful people told of a method of
removing spine linings and mull down to bare signatures cleanly and easily.
 I think it involved using a PVA mixture covered with blotting paper and
Reemay.

I've lost the posting and can't find it in the archives.  It seems to have
been added to a posting on a different subject.

Remember, anyone?  I'd like to avoid the mess I usually make when I use paste.

Merci beaucoup,
Betty