GBW auction donation request

Hello to 'the list',

The 18th Annual Guild of BookWorkers "Standards of Excellence Seminar" will
take place this October 22 - 25 in Greensboro, North Carolina. In conjunction
with the meeting, we will be having our Third Annual fund raising Auction; I
would like to encourage everyone on the list to consider contributing
something towards this worthwhile event, whether you are a member or not.

The previous two auctions generated a wonderful collection of book and non-
book items, all of which were greedily snapped up in either the silent or live
auction portions of the evenings events. Past donations have included a host
of book-arts related books (instruction manuals, exhibition catalogs etc.),
limited edition books, artists books, binding tools, equipment and supplies of
all sorts; a telescope; matted prints and posters, handmade
stationery/cards/notes, handmade paper items, oriental scrolls, decorative
wooden boxes, paper cuttings, jewelry, scarves, marbled vignettes, ties and
much much more. Anything and everything is welcome!

Your donation need not be book-related although of course many items are; the
important thing is to dig through your closet, garage, attic or junk room and
find some interesting goodies to send our way. A portion of the proceeds of
each auction go toward 'scholarship' awards for the next years' conference:
this year we are sending three people to the meeting with free hotel and a
waiver of registration fees, in part funded by last years auction receipts.

If you have anything you would like to donate, please contact me OFF THE LIST.
I will give you details about when and where to send your contribution. And
yes, the Guild is a not-for-profit organization and therefore donations may be
tax deductible to the extent of the law

Thanks for your consideration,

Karen L. Crisalli
President, Guild of BookWorkers

N.B. If you are not a current member of the Guild, and are interested in
receiving information about the Guild or this years conference program, please
contact me (again, off the list) and I will be happy to send you information
(please give me a fax number or mailing address whenever possible)
Registration forms went out just three weeks ago, and already we have
committed 80 of the 120 spots!