PVA

Hi,
I hope someone will be able to help me with my PVA dilemma. I've been using
PVA by Planatol which worked great  but made me really dizzy even when
working in a well ventilated area. A friend suggested Jade, claiming it
contained no formaldehyde. I've tried it but find it terrible to work with.
It doesn't spread well, dries the second I put it in the board, and once I
get something covered  the gluelines show through the bookcloth. Is there a
trick to using it? Can anyone suggest a PVA that is formaldehyde-free  (if
something like that exists) and works well?

        Stephanie