[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: The Life of Edward the Confessor (fwd)
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: The Life of Edward the Confessor (fwd)
- From: vosberg <kirkhamb@CWDOM.DM>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:10:05 -0700
- Message-Id: <199807211405.HAA16854@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Beth Priestley sent this message a while ago. Was anyone able to get to
this website - I just tried and received "invalid syntax" message.
Thanks, Colette Vosberg
> >The Life of Edward the Confessor
> >Cambridge University library has recently made available online "the
> >copy of a thirteenth-century Anglo-Norman, illuminated Life of St.
> >the Confessor". The manuscript, written in the 1230s or 40s and
> >in the 1250s or 60s, is well-preserved, and its new availability should
> >a boon for medievalists. Cambridge's site allows users to page through
> >37 folios, beginning with the first, or to obtain descriptions of each
> >folio and view them selectively. Users can zoom in on all or part of a
> >page or view pages side-by-side. The site also includes a brief
> >introduction to the manuscript and suggestions for further reading.