Re: Printing on eggshells - setting type

Yes, an old parlor trick is to soak an egg in vinegar for at until it's
soft enough to slip through the neck of a coke bottle half filled with
water.  When the egg hits the water it hardens again.  Guests can't figure
out how you got the egg into the bottle without breaking it.

I tried it but it didn't work--yolk and water all over.

>Make sure you don't soak the eggs too long, though, no more than the thirty
>minutes. Eventually the vinegar starts leeching the calcium out of the
>eggshell and you'll end up with a rather hilarous "rubber" egg.
>
>Great thread!
>
>Winston

I agree, Winston, it's been fascinating!