Re: Braille books

The illustrations are intended for the blind, to feel as they do when
"reading" the Braille dots.  When Kathy spoke to me this morning, she said,
"Imagine how thrilling it would be for a child to be able to "see" the Moon
Horse as he's reading the story!"

I imagine that, if the raised outlines of the illustrations were to be in
color, sighted persons could enjooy them, also.
>I don't mean to be insensitive but I can't help asking - the illustrations
>for braille books, are they also meant for seeing persons to read as well?
>Or are the illustrations embossed using intalglio printing techniques for
>colour illustrations?

You are not being insensitive.  You've raised an interesting point.