Re: Rubber Stamps/Response

Hello Andy:

I, too, am new to the list and do quite a bit of rubber stamping.
The largest size stamp I have seen and used is the size to fit one quarter
of a typical sheet of copy paper,  approx 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. This measurement
is the size of the wood mount and is considered greeting card size. Even at
this size it is a little hard to manage and most would place the paper to
be stamped on top of an inked rubber stamp. A brayer may be used to first
ink the stamp evenly and another clean one could be rolled on top. Some
artists would use hand pressure instead.

I know of an artist who used an offset copy machine borrowed from a school
to enlarge an even smaller stamp and was able to have it reproduced on a
skirt made of denim. Naturally, the quality
could not be compared between folders and textiles.

Be aware there are watercolor black inks for rubber stamping  for use on
paper that dry instantly  and can be colored without smearing.

Use of embossing sounds fancy and may take you away from the hand-made
look.

I'm sure there are others with comments for you. Good luck.
Lynn