Re: Aluminum

At 08:31 7:24 PM 8/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Catherine:
>
>I don't know anything about die cuts and stamping, but am interested in
>finding out!

Die cuts and stamping are generally very expen$ive. Especially in small
quantities.

I have had good luck finding aluminum sheets and cut-offs at an industrial
scrap yard .. should be at least one in any large city. Good Luck! :)

>However, I cut out my copper etching plates with a jeweler's saw and a very
>fine blade, then use a very fine file to round off the sharp edges. Perhaps
>this would work in cutting out your aluminum too?

One thing when working with aluminum .. it is best to use new blades and
a new file, then not use them on any other metal. A GREAT tip when filing
aluminum (or any soft metal) is to rub regular blackboard chalk into the
file's teeth .. this will lessen the teeth getting clogged up. Buy an
inexpensive wire brush to clean the teeth occasionally too. An old
machinist taught me that years ago. It works!! :)

Good luck,
Ron Yost, Paso Robles, Calif.