Re: Commonplace Books, one more time

 But the next owner of the book had pasted blocks of
>newsprint stories and poetry throughout the pages.  An identifier leaflet shows
>that this was my husband's grandmother's grandmother's; Kansas, 1862.  What a
>treat is is to look through the quaint stories and quips.  Is it a commonplace
>book?

Probably a quibble but I would think a more proper term for this form would
be a scrapbook.  There is obviously a close relation between the
commonplace, scrapbook & journal genres, and often a book serves two or all
functions, but generally speaking I think pasted in as opposed to hand
written would push it into the scrapbook definition.

John Renjilian
The Pages of Yesteryear