Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 10 Aug 1998 to 11 Aug 1998

Subject:  Sticky Pages

When writing about repairing old books, Dorothy Africa mentioned waxing or mc
sizing the pages.  I am a book artist who is using collage techniques
involving matte medium on the pages of my one-of-a-kind books.  The problem I
am having is that the pages often stick together, especially in this summer's
humid weather.  I do use glassiene paper to separate the pages at the moment,
but would like a more permanent solution.  How would I wax the pages?  What
are the materials to use and where would I get them?  I'd appreciate any info.
Thanks!
Sharon McCartney