[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Mac & QuarkExpress Book Signature Layout Q's
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Mac & QuarkExpress Book Signature Layout Q's
- From: ANGEE <angco@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
- Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 06:14:10 -0700
- Message-Id: <199808122208.PAA13064@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Eric Alstrom wrote:
> I know in PageMaker, there is a utility which will take a sequentially
> numbered series of pages and turn it into a booklet (or a signature). You
> layout your book in numerical order (i-x,1-160, etc. which makes it easy to
> layout) then run this utility and it creates a new file which shuffles the
> pages around so that 1 and 16 will be back to back, 2 and 15, etc, or
> whatever order you need.
I currently have Pagemaker 6.0 and have been calculating this signature
placement by HAND!!! for three+ years. Please tell me(us) how to have
the program do it for me. I will be eternally grateful. This may be
done privately if you think others are not interested.
Thank you in advance.