Page Layout

I've always preferred Ventura for page layout. I don't know if there's a Mac
version. It was bought by Corel a few years ago and now is organized to work
with CorelDraw, etc.

There are options for Widow and Orphan settings as well as the usual
paragraph controls. You tell it how many lines you will accept as a minimum
at the top or bottom of a page. It makes the page breaks accordingly. It
doesn't leave an extra space at the top of a page. It does have book,
pamphlet, and various other format output controls. It outputs to your
printer or creates a file for linotronic output from a service bureau.

        Richard
        http://www.minsky.com