Re: Coptic Question

I was taught that the coptic binding used one needle for each hole and the
link stitch used only one needle for the whole thing.  I was tuaght the the
cover of the coptic had 3 holes for each one in the signatures, one on each
side coming out the edge, where the link stitch cover has just one hole in
from the edge going all the way through. I'm sure many different ideas are
taught.