[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: stinky stuff
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: stinky stuff
- From: Sharon Sweeney <pandoracomplex@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 06:52:33 -0700
- Message-Id: <199808241413.HAA11926@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Organization: The Pandora Complex
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Mary Hackney wrote:
> At 2:36 AM -0500 8/23/98, Don Rash wrote:
> >I don't know why they
> >should smell different, unless it's the amount of pulp going into sheets of
> >different calipers.
> >Don Rash
> They probably smell different because they contain recycled materials.
> Just depends on what has been recycled in that particular batch.
> Mary Hackney aka Synchronicity
Batches of Davey board may also vary in density. I recently
received a whole pallet of board that I was concerned with because
it cut much more easily than the last. Gane Bros sent a rep out to
measure the thickness with a micrometer. It was all the proper
thickness (.098). The rep explained that batches might be more or
less dense depending on the nature of the recycled materials that
went into them.