[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sumner Stone exhibit, reception and lecture
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Sumner Stone exhibit, reception and lecture
- From: Asa Peavy <asap@SFPL.LIB.CA.US>
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 09:37:17 -0700
- Message-Id: <199808291634.JAA21242@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
SUMNER STONE EXHIBIT, RECEPTION AND LECTURE
Stone Type: An Exhibition of the Typeface Designs of Sumner Stone
The San Francisco Public Library will present a one-person exhibition of
typography by Sumner Stone, one of America's foremost typeface designers
and a pioneer of computer typography, September 1 through October 31, 1998,
in the Skylight Gallery at the Main Library.
An opening reception will be held Tuesday, September 1, from 6:00 p.m. to
8:00 p.m. in the Skylight Gallery on the Sixth Floor of the Main Library.
The public is invited to attend.
On Thursday, September 10, 1998, Mr. Stone will present a public lecture in
the Koret Auditorium at the Main Library at 6:30 p.m. All programs at the
Public Library are free.
Typography is a main focus in the San Francisco Public Library's Book Arts
and Special Collections Center. The Center houses _The Robert Grabhorn
Collection on the History of Printing and the Development of the Book_,
including more than 9,000 volumes and 100 journal titles on design,
typography and bookmaking.
For more information, please contact the Book Arts and Special Collections
Center at 415.557.4560.