Re: Etching Question

Hi, having been a printmaker and having gotten a degree in printmaking
I think I have a few questions to ask everyone about oxidation.
Since when is oxidation white?  I have yet to have any of my 50 or so
plates that are zinc turn white, and they have truely been abused.
I think that oxidation is a term used a bit loosely here, but maybe
I need some type of an education on my zinc plates turning white.
Also if you would like to know everyone of my copper plates have turned
green over the years, no matter what I have done, because they get air
on them, and they turn.  Almost like a sculptural finish on a bronze
statue that is hundreds of years old.  Anyway, maybe someone can fill me
in on this magic stuff call oxidation????

Thank-You

Hi - this is Janet - I am an artist - do you need any art work?
Give me a call.  Logos, Murals, Signs - jmeyerb@comp.uark.edu