Re: Etching Question

Hey, the 2 plate chin colle sounds interesting, but having been trained by
a master of it in Santa Cruz, I can assure you that you might be waisting
your time.  It is in deed hard enough without complicating things with
different textures and types of surfaces, yet alone the reality that you
are making such a big thing out of a fairly simple concept.  Anyway I
think you should do al la poupa - hand paint the image you want, and
forget the chin colle - unless you can keep it simple.  I use chin colle
in much of my work but never 2 or 3 place images, and if I did I would
truely be biting off more than I could chew.  Anyway, I have truely seen
the masters work, and they do aqua tints and such but never chin colle
on multiple runs, unless of course you are working for Jim Dine, or
someone truely remarkable, you are waisting your time, no one would
appreciate the fine amount of work going into such a feet.  Oh, well,
sorry to write such a negative thing.

Good Printing is hard, don't over complicate it.

Janet

Hi - this is Janet - I am an artist - do you need any art work?
Give me a call.  Logos, Murals, Signs - jmeyerb@comp.uark.edu