[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ruler for Board Shear
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Ruler for Board Shear
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@MINSKY.COM>
- Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 06:08:09 -0400
- Message-Id: <199810081004.DAA17276@SUL-Server-2.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
McMASTER-CARR SUPPLY CO.
The online catalog requires Adobe Acrobat Reader version 3.0 or later,
which has plug-ns for Netscape or Internet Explorer (3.0 or later). If you
don't have acrobat 3.0, you can download it at the mcmaster.com page.
Acrobat is a 3.9 mb download.
You can order online.
They have a stainless steel scale for mounting on machinery ruled in 1/32's.
The graduations are etched and filled with black epoxy. 89665A69 is the
stock number for the 48" right-to-left reading version which is $30.63. It's
on page 1728 of the online catalog, but you'll also find it in the subject
index. It will ship to you the next morning.
It is an astounding catalog.
>Locate a machinist, maintenance or engineering shop, or (some) library
>conservation labs that have a catalog and account with McMASTER-CARR. They are
>mail-order and have distribution centers in NJ, OH, IL and CA. The catalog is
>3000 pages of hardware with everything from A to Z ("soup to nuts"), and then
>some. Its a fabulous resource and a must for anyone who likes to work with
>different things. The only problem is that it is difficult to get a catalog.