Publisher contracts

In revising a contract for a book that will be published containing
reproductions of some of my work I began to wonder what people say in such
contracts.

The one I received gave the publisher all rights forever in any format and
assumed no liability for responsibility concerning the original materials
submitted.  In addition to the expected no payment provided for doing
their work the contract does not even incorporate a copy of the finished
work for me!  Needless to say, my revisions were extensive.

While I know from experience that the typical contract gives all the good
stuff to the publisher and any potential negatives to the provider of the
material, I wonder what experiences people have had with such matters.

R*

Department of Psychology
UMBC
1000 Hilltop Circle