More printer probs

I know this is getting a bit off topic, but I am sitting here trying to print
some copies of a book, and my printer keeps grabbing multiple sheets.  This
wastes quite a bit of paper, since the printing is either off or staggered
onto all 3 or 4 sheets, etc.  The only solution I am finding is to sit here
and watch each page go through.  YUK.
Any way to correct this?  I have a HP DeskJet 692C.  Also, the paper I am
using is a 67lb. cardstock.  (but the problem occurs even when I use just
normal paper too)
Thanks-
Gretchen Y.