Re: Loose guards

BOOKBINDING & CONSERVATION BY HAND: a working guide, Laura S. Young. Rev.
ed. Oak Knoll Press, New Castle Delaware, 1995. (First Published by Bowker,
1981.)
ISBN 1-884718-10-8 (cased: alk. paper)
ISBN 1-884718-11-6(pbk.:alk. paper)

Apparently, the hardbound edition is out of print. Oak Knoll Books website
shows the paperback for $24.95. Try the out-of-print dealers and try to
find a clothbound one. Mine was $35.00 new. The soft-cover edition may be
sewn, Oak Knoll is a dependable, conscientious publisher.

I discovered that my paperback copy of Diehl, 2 volumes in one, is falling
apart when I looked for the reference Sam Lanham gave yesterday.

I have found and used many, many useful techniques in Young's book.
Incidentally, she died a year or two ago at 95.

Good luck. Let me know if you find it.

Betty

Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org