Re: end bands

Could someone please tell me why all of the messages in connection with this
topic came through to my screen with the message area completely black - i.e.,
no text, unreadable, BLACK? This is not the first time a message has come to
me this way (and not only on this list), but I have no idea what causes it,
nor if there is any way to change it on my end so that it is readable (I do
assume there is something there which has simply failed to translate). Is it a
similar kind of glitch that sometimes sends messages with symbols, odd
interjections of letters in the middle of words and such like? I have always
figured it is some mysterious computer thing about which I can do nothing
unless I am willing to learn much more about their inner workings than
interests me. Barbara Harman