Birch Bark

A former student is interested in using birch bark for book covers and/or =
as "paper" for printing and has contacted me for assistance.  I, in turn, =
am turning to you for, other than once displaying in class a miniature =
book (I believe purchased from Dawson's in LA) that had a few lovely birch =
bark pages on which there was printing, and passing out a copy of an =
article in NEON, the NV Arts Commission newsletter, about Basque sheepherde=
r carvings on aspens, I have no references to cite. =20
Both of us would appreciate hearing from list members.  (I will fwd =
Many thanks,
Tom Trusky
Idaho Center for the Book
ttrusky@bsu.idbsu.edu