[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Vellum-ish question
- From: Marc Carlson <marc-carlson@UTULSA.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:26:26 -0600
- Message-Id: <199811091635.IAA19654@palimpsest.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Please excuse me for asking such a series of strange questions right out of
the chute, but you all were suggested as a good place to ask. I am working
on binding a book, the pages of which at this point consist of blank sheets
from "goatskin rawhide" (from Tandy). My impression is that it's not the
*ideal* material for this, but it's what
the Client wants to use.
The material is a bit thicker than the *little* vellum I've had any
and I'm not certain how to prepare either side for writing on.
If anyone has any suggestions where I might look for more detailed
wishes to share what they have) I would be very grateful. I've checked the
FAQ, and have seen nothing that resembles this question there.
Thank you for your time...
I. Marc Carlson
McFarlin Library, University of Tulsa -or- Tulsa Community College West